A Quick Reference Guide to optimize in-home rehabilitation for older adults
Date: June 1, 2023
The Network has developed a Quick Reference Guide for Optimizing In-Home Rehab Care for Older Adults in partnership with GTA Home and Community Care Support Services (H&CCSS) and the Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto.
A resource for H&CCSS care coordinators and rehab professionals, the guide illustrates the positive impact an in-home rehab professional can have on the independence and ability of older adults to participate in the activities that are important to them. In doing so, it outlines a holistic, senior-friendly approach to providing this essential care.
The guide is available online for download and plans are underway to host a webinar to further explore its content. Over the coming months, the Network will continue to collaborate with H&CCSS directors in the GTA. As a part of this work, the Network has convened a working group to develop a care coordinator guide for OT home environment assessments. When complete later this year, it will supplement existing eligibility criteria in all GTA H&CCSS organizations.
For more information on the Quick Reference guide, please contact Sue Balogh, Project Manager. For more information on the OT home environment assessment guide, please contact Sanja Milicic Iafrate, Project Manager.
Participating Network members:
- Home and Community Care Services – Central*
- Home and Community Care Services – Central East*
- Home and Community Care Services – Central West*
- Home and Community Care Services – Mississauga Halton*
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Toronto*
- Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto
* Also participating in the OT Home Environment Assessment Working Group.