Improving efficiency in referrals
Date: November 6, 2023
The Network’s Inpatient Rehab Referral Consultation Group met last month to discuss challenges in the inpatient rehab/CCC referral process and identify strategies to address the issues identified, where possible.
At their meeting, the group reviewed information from a survey the Network conducted with rehab/CCC program directors to better understand the reasons their programs may request additional information during the rehab/CCC referral process.
In follow-up to these efforts, the Network will convene a small working group to identify strategies for improving completion of the inpatient referral form. Preliminary suggestions include mandating completion of certain information fields and offering drop-down menus to guide referrers in providing the most relevant information. It is expected that any improvements to the referral form will be implemented early in the new year.
For more information, please contact Sue Balogh, Project Manager.
Participating Network members:
- Baycrest Health Sciences
- Halton Healthcare
- Humber River Health
- Lakeridge Health
- Mackenzie Health
- Michael Garron Hospital
- North York General Hospital
- Oak Valley Health
- Runnymede Healthcare Centre
- Scarborough Health Network
- Sinai Health System/Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital
- Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre/St. John’s Rehab
- Unity Health Toronto/Providence Healthcare
- University Health Network
- West Park Healthcare Centre
- William Osler Health System