OT home environment assessment guide developed
Date: November 6, 2023
The Network’s Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) Home Environment Assessment Working Group has completed a final draft of the Occupational Therapy Home Environment Assessment Resource Guide for Care Coordinators.
The guide has been developed to supplement existing eligibility criteria and assist care coordinators in determining eligibility for in-home occupational therapy environment assessments. It was created in partnership with the five GTA HCCSS organizations to promote consistency, streamline the most appropriate referrals for OT services and match client need to OT skillset in the community.
Both the guide and a proposed implementation strategy are currently in the approval phase with participating HCCSS executive leaders and communications departments.
For more information, please contact Sanja Milicic Iafrate, Project Manager.
Participating Network members:
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Central
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Central East
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Central West
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Mississauga Halton
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Toronto